With Halloween just around the corner, we've picked our
favourite spooky jewels, but in the spirit of all things devilish,
we've ditched the trad Top 10 in favour of lucky-for-some 13. From
bones and skulls to bugs and beheadings, jewellery's taking a trip
to the dark side.
1. Sporting a skinful of sparkly crystals and boasting limited
edition status, Juicy Couture's toothy pumpkin has a lot grin
2. The skull is a classic jewellery motif which, at this time of
year, is especially apt. Venessa Arizaga's 'Three's Company' bracelet
take a wry look at a spooky staple.
3. Alexander McQueen's ruby-eyed ring is a
surefire statement maker.
4. Bony digits are rarely a good look, but we'll make an
exception in the case of Delfina Delettrez's skeleton hand
5. With its allusions to Victorian mourning jewellery and that
beady eye, Bottega Veneta's blackened silver necklace has
6. Stone's black
gold Spider Spirit ring is sure to snare a few fans.
7. Every witch needs a familiar and Phillipa
Holland's iridescent beetle necklace looks like the perfect
8. Pamela Love's Pentagram brass cuff will cast
a spell over all who wear it.
9. Dolce & Gabbana's spangled star earrings are just the
thing for a magical night.
10. Gold plated silver, soft water pearls and, err… chicken
feet. Nobody does quirky quite like Giselle Ganne.
11. Animal lovers look away now. Momocreatura's Stag Head
earrings are not for the faint hearted.
12. Not sure if it's the graphic bat-shaped mounts or the blood
red feathers, but something about these Eddie Borgo earrings is saying
13. Playing Frankenstein, but with precious materials and a top
hat-wearing canine, Vicente Gracia gives us The Dog Book
brooch. Weird? Yes. Compelling? Indeed. The perfect Halloween
accessory? We'll leave that for you to decide…