In honour of summer's apparent and untimely demise - and
since we could probably all do with a pick-me-up right now
- Because presents ten top tips to enjoying the perfect
• Prep well: Manicure hands to within an inch of their
lives. All eyes are going to be on them so baby soft digits and
high shine, juicy red nails are a must.
• Build your bouquet: Blooming lovely Diorette cocktail
rings and a smattering of Dior's Rose Pré Catelan finger fancies
should do the job.
• Added extras: Lacquered ladybirds and handcarved coral and
quartz roses bring a certain je ne sais quois to the proceedings. A
solitary diamond set on each thorny band adds requisite zing.
• Ingredient overload? Impossible! More-is-more is hot
right now so if you're having trouble deciding what to go for,
don't fret. Pile it all in, and on.
• How to take it: May we suggest on the rocks? Better
still, full of rocks. These beauties are brimming with
mouthwatering aquamarines, amethysts, tsavorite and pink and yellow
• Mix it up: Unexpected combos are where it's at which is why
we've turned to Susan Caplan for some vintage arm candy. Straight
from the 80s come a coil snake cuff and a cabochon spiral bracelet;
adding a dash of 50s flavour, Edouard Rambaud's embellished
bracelet completes the look.
• The finishing touches: Orange, watermelon and strawberry
go some of the way to providing you with those essential five-a-day
but a Mandarin garnet earns bonus points. Look closely and you'll
spot one glinting in there somewhere.
• Don't be shy: A naughty nibble and knowing glance draw
attention to those luscious lips and that spirit-level fringe
which, frankly, deserve to be shown off.
• Christen your cocktail: We've called ours the Little
• Sit back, relax and enjoy: As if you needed to be